ISO 9001: 2015 is the most widely used international standard, which provides a framework and set of principles that provide a generally accepted approach to the management of your organization. The focus of the standard is on process management and customer satisfaction.
The ISO 9001 quality management system provides the infrastructure, procedures, processes, and resources the organization needs to both monitor and improve its performance in terms of efficiency, customer service, and best product quality. ISO 9001 certification also contributes to improving the overall functioning of the organization, solving current problems and expanding market opportunities.
The idea of ISO 9001: 2015 as a standard, is to reflect the changes in the business environment – information, market, logistics, outsourcing, social, others. To present the standard as a business management system. This strategic position is based on risk analysis. The standard focuses on external and internal factors that could affect the achievement of the organization’s goals. One consequence of this and a key basis for risk analysis is the concept of “stakeholders”.
ISO 9001:2015 is applicable to any organization, regardless of its size, type and the activity it performs. It is equally applicable to manufacturing companies as well as service companies and non-profit organizations.
The standard contains requirements and / or recommendations for proper and efficient operation. These requirements or recommendations are based on a study of the know-how of the world’s most successful companies.
- Working mechanism for monitoring the fulfillment of the client’s requirements from the request
- Uniform work rules that are documented, announced and understood throughout the organization
- Clear responsibilities and written instructions on what, how and by whom is done
- Effective self-assessment and improvement mechanism – Internal audits and management review
- Increased company image and internationally recognizable guarantee for a reliable partnership
- Responsibility, discipline and traceability of activities based on annual surveillance audits
- Increasingly necessary condition for participation in tenders, competitions and orders
Any organization that wants to increase the benefits of continuous improvement and strives for continuous improvement of its management and work process must implement and certify ISO 9001.
For more information on the issuance of an accredited internationally recognized certificate ISO 9001: 2015, contact us and ask your questions.